Tuesday, January 25, 2005

eXeem

So everyone knows about the death of suprnova.org which seemed like the end of torrent files completely. Not for long though. Original owner of suprnova.org, Sloneck and another unknown company at this time have teamed up to make eXeem. eXeem is based on the BitTorrent protocol yet uses P2P to shared these torrent files. The would successfully decentralize suprnova and torrents as we know it.

But not completely. I don't get it. It needs to connect to a nework to share files. So what have we lost? This shows the program is not completely decentralized. If you were going to go decentralized, go all the way. Another little con about eXeem is that there is advertising. Now to tell you the truth, I don't see it. But I do see 2 blacked out boxes that look like they did at one point send adverts. I don't believe the program contians any spyware or adware at all but it does connect to cydoor which is known for spreading spyware/adware.

No need to worry there though because I think 2 days after this came out of public beta, some guys already have a Lite version going. Will eXeem live up to its name or is it all just hype to make a few extra bucks.

Download version 0.20 of eXeem
Go to www.exeem.com
Check out eXeem Lite
Download version 0.19 of eXeem Lite

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home