Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Microsoft XP Updates

Every Tuesday Microsoft comes out with new updates if there are any. Today, Microsoft has 2 new updates you can download and install. What I thought was kind of weird was that one of the updates was titled "Malicious software removal tool". I thought this was weird. Is Microsoft getting into security or is this just another thing they picked up after aquiring Giant Software? You can see they are realizing that the customers need a little security. Here is what the remover is said to remove:

Malicious software
Tool version Severity rating
Win32/Berbew January 2005 Moderate
Win32/Doomjuice January 2005 Moderate
Win32/Gaobot January 2005 Moderate
Win32/MSBlast January 2005 Critical
Win32/Mydoom January 2005 Moderate
Win32/Nachi January 2005 Critical
Win32/Sasser January 2005 Critical
Win32/Zindos
January 2005 Moderate


For more info click here
To directly download click here

1 Comments:

At January 16, 2005 at 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As nice as this sounds, I'd have to be rather desperate to let Microsoft scan my machine. As they said in the discription, it doesn't replace standard anti-virus/spyware software that you should be running, so I don't see any reason to download this.
I think this is set to target more the less computer-literate Microsoft users, who don't have any protection at all on their system. This will cut down on the number of systems infected, simply through Automatic Updates, and maybe give these users a push in the right direction.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home