Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Y2Krap

Ok. Who in the hell believed the Y2K bug? I remember I was in like sixth grade and people were freakin out over the whole thing. I remember one teacher had us substitute the initial of our first name to replace the K (ie. Y2J for like Jason) and you had to draw a picture and describe it as if it were your own bug. Also, we would talk about what was going to happen, we had to write stories on it and the whole time I was thinking 'this is complete crap.' I was figuring, 'hmm I think a computer can figure out how to go on to the next damn year.' It's physically capable of doing it anyways so what in God would make it crash and burn? Nothing. Some people got paranoid and bought all this Y2K compatible crap. That really, really pissed me off too. Especially when my friend got the Y2K compatible flash light. First of all, all flashlights are Y2K compatible and secondly how the hell could they use the word compatible. Its like saying "the bug" was a purposly written peice of software. Like 'Microsoft Office is compatitble with my virus'.

And yet on New Years Eve, people still went out and partied their asses off and could've cared less. By the time 12:00 came around and nothing happened, no one had even thought about it. I did. I'm thinking to myself, what dumbasses would believe that crap?

Don't answer that.

Now today, in 2005 at the start of the new year, we have a website such as www.2038bug.com around. Honestly, do you think they'll keep the site up that long? No forget that question. How about this. Who the hell actually thinks that crap is going to happen!? Some people just don't get it. I will do my all to keep this blog up until the year 2038 just so you can all read this and go...oh we fell for the old 'date bug' trick again. Just don't believe this crap and save your money.

Yay my first rant. I feel better now.

The new Y2Whatever

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home